Walt Disney World is the most visited theme park in the world. The average daily attendance at just the Magic Kingdom is over 50,000 people. That means crowds. People do not like crowds so Disney has some special programs like Extra Magic Hours.
What are Extra Magic Hours?
Extra Magic Hours are special times that only select guests can enter the park. Sometimes they are offered in the morning and sometimes in the evening. If they are offered in the morning it is generally one hour before the park opens to all guests. If it is evening hours the park is normally open two hours after the park closes.
Normally only one park offers Extra Magic Hours on a given day. There are exceptions though.
Who gets Extra Magic Hours?
Guests who are staying at select resorts are eligible. Those resorts include all Disney owned resorts as well as some other Disney area hotels. (This list is subject to change of course.)
The following Disney owned resorts:
- All-Star Movies Resort
- All-Star Music Resort
- All-Star Sports Resort
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village
- Art of Animation Resort
- Beach Club Resort
- Beach Club Villas
- BoardWalk Inn
- BoardWalk Villas
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Contemporary Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Old Key West Resort
- Polynesian Village Resort
- Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Pop Century Resort
- Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Wilderness Lodge
- Yacht Club Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Wilderness Lodge
- The Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Villas at Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort
And these Walt Disney World area resorts
- B Resort & Spa – Disney Springs Resort Area
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs Area
- Dolphin at Walt Disney World
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando – Disney Springs Area
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace – Disney Springs Area
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs Area
- Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
- Shades of Green at Walt Disney World
- Swan at Walt Disney World
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
What can I do during Extra Magic Hours?
The following lists are taken directly from the Walt Disney World website (updated 5/4/2018). There were no lists for the evening attractions at either Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. Both of these parks have evening Extra Magic Hours but the same attractions should be open that are open during the morning.
Will there be Extra Magic Hours during my vacation?
Yes there will be! What they will be depends on when you are going. this calendar will help you figure it out (of if you book with me I will keep track of them for you!)
Ready to go to Walt Disney World? Book with me and I will help take the work out of the vacation planning at no cost to you! Just fill out the form below to get started.